Saturday, April 15, 2017

Sketching Cecelia (As of April 15, 2017)


Today, I did some more work on this drawing. This is a working sketch for the wooden codfish I am decorating for the Marblehead Festival of the Arts. This is my third year participating in this auction. Some 50 local artists will each decorate a wooden codfish, to be displayed in Marblehead and then auctioned off to benefit Marblehead Festival of the Arts. My idea this year is to create a codfish covered in scales: musical scales. Because I plan to use C scales, I decided to name this fish Cecelia.  Instead of starting work right on the wooden cutout, I traced the shape of the cutout onto a big piece of paper so I could plan my design. I didn't have a lot of time today, but I drew in lines on the fins and tail, trying to keep the same distance apart as the lines of musical staff.  So far I am happy with the design, though the sketch is a bit rough.  If you want to get an idea of where this is going, follow this link to see "Bella Bacalhau," last year's entry: https://www.flickr.com/photos/randiart/26803421380/

No comments: