Sunday, April 09, 2017

Wooden Cut-Out for Cecelia (Apr. 8, 2017)


I am starting to work on this project, a decorated wooden codfish.  For the third year, I was asked to join a group of local artists who will each decorate a wooden codfish, to be displayed in Marblehead and then auctioned off to benefit Marblehead Festival of the Arts. This year, my idea is to create a codfish covered in scales: musical scales. (To see more about this idea, see my sketch posted here March 29.) I decided to name this fish Cecelia because I plan to use C scales. This photo shows the wooden cutout that I was given, and I am tracing the outline of the cutout onto a piece of paper so I can work out my design.  If you want to get an idea of where this is going, follow this link to see "Bella Bacalhau," last year's entry: https://www.flickr.com/photos/randiart/26803421380/

No comments: