Tuesday, May 02, 2017

Cecelia (Codfish Project May 2, 2017)


I am making a decorated wooden codfish cutout to be auctioned off for the Marblehead Festival of the Arts. Some 50 local artists have been asked to participate in this project. This is my third year, and this time I will decorate my codfish with musical scales -- C scales, and I have named my fish Cecelia.  I have already worked out the design on paper and recently posted a pencil sketch, inked in silver, gold, and turquoise sharpie pens (posted here April 22.) After a break to work on another project, today I started preparing the wooden cutout by priming it with gesso. It feels good to get started.  If you want to get an idea of where this is going,  follow this link to see "Bella Bacalhau," last year's entry: https://www.flickr.com/photos/randiart/26803421380/

No comments: