Friday, May 05, 2017

Cecelia (Codfish Project May 5, 2017)


Today was nuts and I didn't get to work on this project until after dinner, but then I had some time to concentrate.  I am decorating making a wooden codfish  for the Marblehead Festival of the Arts.  Some 50 local artists are decorating codfish for an auction to benefit the Marblehead Arts Association. This is my third year participating, and this year my codfish, Cecelia, will be decorated with musical scales -- C scales. Tonight I finished drawing the design onto the wooden cutout.  I had already drawn and inked the design on paper (posted here on April 22)  But since then, I had decided to make some adjustments, so there were still some placement issues to work out.  For the past couple of days, I had been using a mechanical pencil it was leaving too much graphite on the gesso. So tonight I switched to a nice hard art pencil and things improved.  I still did a lot of cleanup afterward, but now I think I will be able to start inking and painting the surface the final background color, which is going to be an iridescent silver.  If you want to get a general idea of where this is headed, follow this link to see "Bella Bacalhau," last year's entry: www.flickr.com/photos/randiart/26803421380/

No comments: