Sunday, May 07, 2017

Cecelia (Codfish Project) May 6, 2017


Here is Cecelia, my codfish project, as she looked yesterday with the first round of inking.  I am decorating this wooden codfish cutout  for the Marblehead Festival of the Arts.  Some 50 local artists are decorating codfish for an auction to benefit the Marblehead Arts Association. This is my third year participating, and this year my codfish, Cecelia, will be decorated with musical scales -- C scales. I have been spending time drawing the design onto the wooden cutout using pencil.  I had already drawn and inked the design on paper (posted here on April 22)  Yesterday I was relieved to finally be able to start inking.  I began with turquoise and then silver Sharpie pens, and then did clean up afterward with white paint. Lots more cleanup to go. The notes will be done in gold Sharpie pen. But the Sharpie pens are the first layer; I plan to follow with  gold and silver metallic ink pens.  And I also plan to paint the background with pale iridescent silver acrylic paint.  If you want to get a general idea of where this is headed, follow this link to see "Bella Bacalhau," www.flickr.com/photos/randiart/26803421380/

No comments: