Monday, May 08, 2017

Cecelia (Codfish Project) May 7, 2017


Here is Cecelia, my codfish project, as she looked yesterday with the first round of inking complete, including the gold-colored notes.  Along with some 50 area artists, I am decorating a wooden codfish cutout  for the Marblehead Festival of the Arts.  The decorated codfish will be displayed in downtown Marblehead, and then auctioned off to benefit the Marblehead Arts Association. This is my third year participating, and this year my codfish, Cecelia, will be decorated with musical scales -- C scales. I have been spending time drawing the design onto the wooden cutout using pencil.  I had already drawn and inked the design on paper (posted here on April 22)  I was happy to finally be able to add the ink.  This photo shows the addition of musical notes inked in metallic gold Sharpie.  Now all the lines have a first coat of ink, done in Sharpie markers. But the Sharpie pens are the first layer, to be followed with gold and silver metallic ink.  Then I will  paint the background with pale iridescent silver acrylic paint.  If you want to get a general idea of where this is headed, follow this link to see "Bella Bacalhau," last year's entry: www.flickr.com/photos/randiart/26803421380/

No comments: