Monday, May 15, 2017

Cecelia (Codfish Project)


This is Cecelia, my codfish project. I decorated this wooden codfish cutout for the Marblehead Festival of Art.  Some 50 area artists have been invited to decorate wooden codfish to be displayed in downtown Marblehead, and then auctioned off to benefit the Marblehead Arts Association. This is my third year participating, and this year my codfish, Cecelia, is decorated with musical scales -- C scales.  Over the weekend, I spent a lot of time on the finish and on cleaning up small details.  This morning I took this one last picture before packing her up, putting her in the car, and delivering her to Marblehead, Massachussetts. Well, I will miss her, but soon I will be able to see her on the auction website. The auction will be online and you can bid from anywhere in the world.  I will post the link when it is ready.  But meanwhile,  here is one last look at last year's project,  "Bella Bacalhau," my Portuguese codfish: www.flickr.com/photos/randiart/26803421380/

No comments: