Monday, July 24, 2017

Surprised by a Path (Digital Woodcut)


A couple of days ago (July 21), I posted a photo that I had taken on a recent neighborhood walk.  That day, I discovered that a wooded area I have occasionally walked past is actually the entry to a trail through a local park.  I loved the inviting look of the path, so I took a picture.  I have been thinking about the image because although I would have  liked the photo to show the path framed by two trees in the foreground, in the original photo, the tree on the left is quite bent and disappears part way up the image.  There was also a slight bend on the tree on the left.  Today I opened the image in Painter and used cut-and-paste and digital pastel to straighten both trees.  Then I applied Painter's woodcut effect. I had lost too much color in the process so the last step was to adjust the color with one of iPhoto's filters. 

No comments: