Saturday, September 30, 2017

Celestial Bouquet (L'Shana Tova) Digital Drawing


Yesterday I had an idea for a Yom Kippur* greeting, so I started this drawing in Procreate, which captures a stroke-by-stroke video as you draw. My idea was to start with a drawing of the sun and planets, and show them turning into flowers.  Due to technical difficulties with my iPad and Apple pencil, the actual drawing didn't get underway as soon as I had planned. But I forged ahead and liked the result well enough to post the video. (You can see the video posted here on Sept. 29, 2017).  But the drawing itself needed some cleanup, so I finished it up with Painter on my desktop, and am posting it here tonight.  In art (as in life), sometimes you just have to keep going to get a little closer to the result you want.  Send this out to wish everyone a good year ahead.
*Jewish holiday, Day of Atonement

No comments: