Saturday, February 03, 2018

Seventy (Work in Progress) As of February 3, 2018


I painted a self-portrait when I turned 60 (oil bar on canvas).  WelI, I will turn 70 this week (good Lord willin' and the creek don't rise) and I have been thinking it's time for another self-portrait. But I have been putting it off. Tonight I decided to try a portrait on the iPad with the Procreate app, using some recent photos by my son as a rough reference. So I got started and drove myself nuts on and off for several hours.  Self portraits are the hardest, for one thing.  Also, this is my first real attempt at portraiture on the iPad.  And I was having technical issues.  I was already two hours in when I realized that the "digital brush" was blending colors. (This happens in Procreate, but not in Brushes, the program I used to use.)  So this image is not really a likeness yet, but still a work in progress, much like myself. To be continued

No comments: