Monday, February 05, 2018

Seventy (Work in Progress) As of February 5, 2018


Today I continued to struggle with this self-portrait.  This is my first (somewhat) serious attempt at portraiture on the iPad, using Procreate.  I am not staring at myself in a mirror, but am using photo references, some recent photos combined with an old photo taken in the 80's because it shows my head in the right position and the facial expression I want.  Yesterday I figured out although the features were pretty accurate, the spacing of the features was wrong. So today I began to bring the eyes closer together, and from there adjusted the nose, mouth, and the shape of the face.  I marked up the changes in red so I didn't get lost.  Procreate captures a video as you draw, and I watched the video a couple of times and that helped me to see if my changes were improving things.  This is better, but still a work in progress.

No comments: