Tuesday, April 24, 2018

Shelli (Codfish Project) as of Apr. 24, 2018



Here is my codfish project as of this morning.  Along with some 50 area artists, I am decorating a wooden codfish cutout that will be displayed and then auctioned to benefit Marblehead Festival of the Arts.  This year, I am decorating my fish with a seashell pattern, which is why I named her "Shelli." Today I worked on the seashells, and added the gold ink.  I consider this a first pass.  First of all, there are lots of mistakes to fix.  Also, after taking this photo, I decided I want the overall look of the shells to be lighter, so I going to go over the shells again and make the gold lines narrower and the white areas broader.  This will mean a smaller brush and a smaller gold pen, both of which I bought today.  To be continued. . . .

No comments: