Wednesday, April 25, 2018

Closeup of Shelli (Codfish Project) as of Apr. 25, 2018


Like some 50 local artists, I am busy decorating a wooden cutout of a codfish. This is a fundraiser for Marblehead Festival of Art.  All of the decorated codfish will be shown in Marblehead and then auctioned online. This year, my codfish will be decorated with a surface design of seashells, taking the place of fish scales.   You can see the whole design (still in progress) posted here Apr. 24.  Yesterday I made the first pass at applying gold lines on the seashells.  But I decided that the overall effect was too dark; I wanted the gold lines to be thinner so there would be more white area. So I am repainting the shells, which is slow going. They are pretty small.  I think I reworked six rows today. Here are the first four rows I repainted.  There are still mistakes to fix, but I already like it much better.  To be continued. . . .

No comments: