Tuesday, April 10, 2018

Turquoise Canyon (Acrylic Watermedia as of Apr. 10, 2018)


I started a new painting this morning. This is another of my "Mountain Daydreams," landscapes painted from my imagination and memories of the Colorado mountains.  I am painting a lot of these landscapes for a show in July, and am trying to make it all around the color wheel. This is acrylic paint used with water on Aquabord. The straight line in the sky is a feature brought back from my earlier paintings. I imagine it is a jet trail, or perhaps the edge of a storm front.  In this painting, I am letting the paint drip down over the image, something I haven't yet done the Aquabord for fear of accidentally staining the wooden sides (cradle). But today I figured out how to use dripping wet paint in a way that I can control. I am glad because that effect can suggest waterfalls, which is how I am using it in this painting.  This is a work-in-progress. To be continued. . . .

No comments: