Monday, April 09, 2018

In the Alfama, Lisbon


This is part of a series, "Watercolors of Portugal." I started this series after my first trip to Portugal; painting from my photos was a way of extending my visits. I have shown these paintings in a number of places locally, but for the past few years, this painting (a staircase in the Alfama, in Lisbon) has been sitting in a corner of my home studio because the glass had broken during transit. Last week, I finally took it in to get new glass, and picked it up today.  Now it is hanging in my studio at Porter Mill. I am glad to have it there, because it is one of my favorites, and a reminder of a lovely trip. I thought that I must have already posted this painting here, along with other paintings in this set, but I searched and couldn't find it.  So here it is, with brand new UV glass. 


No comments: