Saturday, May 26, 2018

Colorado Front Range (Acrylic Watermedia)


This is the painting I have been working on, and now I think it is finally finished.  This is one of my "Mountain Daydreams," paintings of Colorado from memory and imagination.  For this one, I used one of my photos as a starting point, a picture taken from the road between Denver and Colorado Springs.  Both my husband and my daughter thought I should add more depth to the mountain range.  With a painting this close to the finish line, I was hesitant. So I did a little digital dress rehearsal by opening a photo of the painting in my Painter program and trying out some ideas first.  Then I went back to the painting and added some washes: green and blue to add shadow and pale dusty-orange to add light.  I think this looks better now, and I am glad I listened to my family members.

No comments: