Friday, May 25, 2018

Colorado Front Range (Acrylic Watermedia) as of May 25, 2018


Here is the painting I am currently working on. This is another "Mountain Daydream," painted from my imagination and my memories of the Colorado landscape.  In this case, I am trying to capture a the look of  the Colorado mountains along the front range, visible along the highway headed south from Denver.  I am working from a photo that I took somewhere north of Colorado Springs. I also wanted to capture what I think of  as the characteristic color that gave the state its name: the dusty rose red that you see there, for example at Red Rocks or Garden of the Gods, and even in the soil along the roadside. Today I started by defining the silhouette of the mountain range with some magenta.  I also used some washes of dusty rose to try to simplify the shapes a bit.  And I fixed some small mixtakes. Although I am happy with this so far, I hope to add just a bit more depth to the mountains in the background. To be continued. . . .


No comments: