Monday, May 21, 2018

Flatirons at Nightfall (Acrylic Watermedia as of May 21, 2018)


This is the painting I started yesterday. This is one of my "Mountain Daydreams," landscapes based on my imagination and on memories of the mountains of Colorado.  But in this case, I am painting a specific place, the Flatirons near Boulder.  I am painting for a solo show in July, and trying to work my way around the color wheel. My intention was for this to read as black, but I may not get there.  Today I put down some more blue in the foreground, and some purple in the sky.  These are not the final colors because I want to make adjustments. As this painting gets darker, I plan to nudge the proportion of light to dark a bit closer to what it was yesterday, which I really liked. Not sure I can do it, but I do have a plan.  Stay tuned. . . 

No comments: