Monday, August 27, 2018

Hy and Gertie 1938 (Rescued Snapshot)


 My father was born on August 28, 1918, so tomorrow would have been his 100th birthday!  He died at 75, seems like a long time ago, but I still miss my dad!  A few years after he died, my Aunt Celia gave me a bunch of photos of him as a young man, photos I had never seen.  This morning I was looking through those photos and found this one. My Aunt Celia had written on the back, "Hy and Gertie 1938". I love this photo and thought it would be an especially good choice because my Aunt Gertie passed away this year. She was lovely, as you can see in this photo.  (My father had one brother, Barney, and five sisters: Celia, Lena, Matilda, Gertie, and Rita, all of them beautiful!.) After I chose this snapshot (about 2" by 3"), I scanned it into the computer and then did some basic cropping and retouching in iPhoto. Then I opened the image in Painter and had some fun adding color.  I plan to post that version tomorrow, in celebration of his birthday. And then I plan to have an ice cream, in his honor.

No comments: