Tuesday, August 28, 2018

Hy and Gertie 1938 (Posterized and Colorized Photo)


Yesterday's post was a rescued family snapshot of my father and my Aunt Gertie, taken in 1938.  I was looking for a photo to post today because my father was born on August 28, 1918, one hundred years ago! Today's post is the same photo, but I used Painter to add color to make it  celebratory. The original was a 2" x 3" snapshot in a collection of other photos sent to me by my Aunt Celia, via my cousin Bob Fitterman. I received the photos a few years after my father died. These were all photos of my father before he met my mother. Most of the pictures were brand new to me and it was great to get them.  My father was one of seven children: his brother Barney and five sisters, Celia, Lena, Matilda, Gertie, and Rita.  Both Gertie (in the photo) and Matilda died this year, so now all the siblings have passed away.  Well, I always felt to be part of such a big family on my father's side, and especially fortunate to be my father's daughter. 

No comments: