Friday, October 26, 2018

Layers of Blue (Acrylic Watermedia) FINAL


Yesterday when I posted a photo of this painting, I said that it was finished.  But when I woke up today, I realized that I wanted to adjust the values to create more of a contrast between the green mountains in the foreground and the blue mountains in the distance.  So I used some transparent washes to create the difference in value: white washes to make the distant mountains paler and blue-green washes to darken the mountains that are closer.  I don't know if this will make any difference to anyone but me, but I think it looks better.  This painting was inspired by a photo that I took last summer near Central City, Colorado (posted here Oct. 18, 2018).  This is acrylic used with water on a cradled panel, 16 x 20. It is part of my "Mountain Daydream" series, inspired by the Colorado mountains.  This is going to be one of my entries in the December show at Galatea Fine Arts (www.galateafineart.com). 

No comments: