Thursday, October 25, 2018

Layers of Blue (Acrylic Watermedia)


This is the painting I have been working on, part of my "Mountain Daydreams" series.  It is inspired by a photo that I took last summer, near Central City, Colorado.  (The photo is posted here Oct. 18, 2018.)  What interested me was the lines of the mountains (seven or eight of them, at least), and the graduated colors.  Today I worked on the color, trying to make the colors gradually shift from dark teal green to pale ice-blue. I put in the basic colors and then made many, many tiny changes.   Now I am ready to say that this is finished.  This is acrylic paint used with water on Aquabord, 16 x 20 inches. I hope to display it in the December show at Galatea Fine Arts.  (If you want to know more about Galatea, visit www.galateafineart.com.)

No comments: