Tuesday, October 02, 2018

She Pulls Back Her Hair (Closeup from Figure Drawing)


Today,  while I was trying to organize the studio at Porter Mill, I found a drawing that I hadn't seen in years. I was looking through old portfolios when I came across what I think may be one of my best figure drawings ever. It is dated 1982. At that point, I lived in Lawrence, Kansas, and was part of a group of artists who hired models and drew from life for three hours every weekend.  The group was called "Artists and Models," and we eventually had a show at the Lawrence Art Center. Over time, I learned a lot during that three-hour block every weekend, and my figure drawing really improved. Well, all those memories came back today when I saw this drawing.  I took some photos of the whole drawing to preserve it, and then also took this closeup to post here.

No comments: