Saturday, November 10, 2018

Snowcapped Mountains (Acrylic Watermedia) as of Nov. 10, 2018


I worked on this painting again this morning.  This is one of my "Mountain Daydreams," landscapes of the Colorado mountains, painted with acrylic used with water.  This is inspired by a view of that I saw and photographed during a trip to Denver in June. My reference is that photo, digitally modified to simplify the foreground (cars and highway), posted here on November 5th.  Today I started modifying the colors.  I started with the snowcapped mountains, and used some translucent washes to light the blue areas. Then I mixed up a blue-green and added layers to the two mountains in the central part of the canvas, and added a bit of blue-green wash to the foreground. This is still a work in progress.

No comments: