Thursday, January 31, 2019

Dancers (Painting) as of Jan. 31, 2019


This is the painting I started yesterday, a double portrait based on a photo.  At this point, I am just trying to block in the composition and to get the proportions and positions of the figures right. Today my goal was to make some corrections of yesterday's work. My reference photo is 8 x 10, and I put a grid over it.  When I work this way, I usually mark a corresponding grid on the canvas with pieces of tape on the edge.  But to get these figures right, today I decided I needed to mark the grid on the canvas so I painted in a grid of pale yellow lines. I think that helped.  I made some adjustments, mostly the position of the arms and shoulders.  But there are many more changes to come, many more mistakes and many more corrections along the way.  

No comments: