Friday, February 01, 2019

Dancers (Painting) as of Feb. 1, 2019


I stole a little time to work on this painting today.  I am working from a photo to create this double portrait.  I have been using a grid to get the figures in the same position as in the photo.  But the composition of the photo was looking more balanced to me than the composition of the painting.  I was considering moving the figures to the right but instead I made a few adjustments to the proportions of the figures.  That helped a bit. Then I sketched in diagonal lines of the background, positioning them as they are in the photo.  I decided that those diagonal lines make the photo look balanced and that they will do the same thing with the painting.  So I am going to leave the figures where the are because the faces and upper bodies are pretty much centered.

No comments: