Thursday, February 21, 2019

Driving towards Vail (Acrylic Watermedia) as of Feb. 20, 2019


This is the painting I started a few days ago.  This is one of my "Mountain Daydreams," inspired by memories of the Colorado Rocky Mountains.  In this case, I am working from a photo that I took during a trip to Colorado last summer. (My reference photo is posted here on February 18.) This is how my painting looked after I worked on it yesterday.  I was concentrating on getting the shapes and angles right for the mountains in the distance. I used a blue-gray color to adjust the shapes of the snow patches on the mountains in the distance, and also adjusted the shapes of the dark blue area.  I am not trying for an exact replica of the photo, but am trying to capture the sweeping lines and shapes that made me want to take the picture in the first place.


No comments: