Friday, May 10, 2019

Pearl (Codfish Project)


This is Pearl, the wooden codfish that I have been working on.  As you can see, Pearl is decorated with painting strings of pearls.  I tried to make those pearls look three-dimensional ( a bit of a "trompe l'oiel" effect).  Today I added some shadows, and also added one last pearl, under Pearl's chin.  Although I may still make corrections, I am willing to say that this project is finished. Pearl is headed for the 2019 Codfish Auction held by Marblehead Festival of Art. Some 50 area artists are given a wooden codfish cutout to decorate, and the decorated codfish are displayed in downtown Marblehead, and then auctioned off. (The auction is online, so people can bid from anywhere.)  I have become quite fond of Pearl, and I hope she will find a good home.


No comments: