Sunday, September 08, 2019

Déjà Vu: Necklace with Magenta Stones and Wooden Beads


Why déjà vu?  Because this is a necklace that I made several years ago, and posted a photo of it here. I like to make necklaces that combine semi-precious stone with wooden beads, and I prefer to use stretchy cord so no clasp is needed. Since I first made this necklace, I have found a better kind of stretchy cord that works better with the weight of the semi-precious stones.  So today I took this necklace apart and put it together with new stretchy cord and took a new picture.  Taking the necklace apart and restringing felt like I was taking a few steps backward, but by doing so I found out that this new cord is much better, so this will help me going forward. The beads are beautiful magenta and brown stones (magnesite) that I found a few years back when I went bead shopping with my Aunt Edy in Denver. I combined them with brown wooden beads and gold metallic accent beads. 

No comments: