Tuesday, February 25, 2020

Two Faces (Digital Woodcut)


This image started with an old double-exposed snapshot of my mother and my aunt.  I really like the photo. Last year I posted earlier attempts to add some special effects in Painter. It was really hard to get it right because a lot of visual information was missing in the original photo. Well, today I had a chance to have a long phone call with my aunt. It had been a while so I was very glad to talk to her.  Since my mom died (in 1984), it seems that when I want to talk to my mother,  I call my aunt, who is now almost 101!  Anyway, all that got me thinking about this photo today and I decided to give it yet another go. I opened the image in Painter and drew into the image just a bit where visual information was missing or hard to see. Then I selected sections to posterize. Finally I added a digital woodcut effect.

No comments: