Friday, September 11, 2020

World Trade Center from Empire State Building (with Prisma filter)




The original version of this image is a photo during a visit to New York City in 1988. I was taking a tour of the Empire State Building and I took a photo of the New York skyline. Although I have visited New York City many times (especially while I was living in New Jersey), I don't really have that many pictures of the Twin Towers. I have posted various versions of this one on September 11th. Gertrude Stein said that "there is no such thing as repetition, only insistence." And remembering this is the point. So today I returned to this photo, added a Prisma filter, and cropped it to give it an off-center composition. This image is a soft and sweet memory of an earlier time, before those towers fell.

No comments: