Sunday, March 14, 2021

Kalimba and Lexi (Painting) as of March 14, 2021



This afternoon, I worked on my painting of two greyhounds, Kalimba and Lexi.  I made some small corrections to the Lexi's face, and added "collars", but spent most of the time working on the cushion and the background, trying to find the right colors.  I think this is something close to a solution for the color scheme.  After I had put my paints away and was photographing the painting, I noticed that the composition had lost a bit of its (already tenuous) symmetry.  I decided that I want to nudge it back.  I had an idea for an easy solution that involved changes to the background, so I tried it out with conte crayon outline right on the canvas. It looked like it would help, so I did a digital "dress rehearsal" in Painter. My solution worked pretty well digitally, so tomorrow I will make the changes on the canvas. Meanwhile, here is my painting as it looks today. . . .

No comments: