Saturday, August 28, 2021

That Smiling Face (Digitally Rescued Image)



I was looking for a picture of my dad to post today because August 28 was his birthday.  I tried a face recognition search on my computer in iPhoto, which is how I came across this image of my dad as a young man, probably a teenager.  But what iPhoto had turned up was a very tiny image, blurry, and in black and white.  It seemed unusable.  But that smile!  So I opened the image in Painter and got to work.  I enlarged the image, worked on the focus, added contrast, posterizing, woodcut effect, color overlay, you name it.  I drew into the image with digital pastel because part of the hair and one of the ears wasn't completely visible in the original.  Then I imported the image into iPhoto and did some more basic edited. It was worth it because I don't have very many pictures of my father when he was young.  And it was a nice way to celebrate my dad's birthday.

No comments: