Sunday, August 29, 2021

"Toward the Mountains" Acrylic Watermedia Painting



This is my recent painting as it looked on August 29, 2021, which is the day I finished it.  That was also the day I needed to deliver it to the gallery in Boston, for display in September.  Yes, I know,  that was cutting it close.  On the morning of August 29th, I kept making small changes, even though my painting was wired, labeled, and ready to go.  At one point, I considered putting it in the car so I would just stop already!!!  These were all small changes, but I think they were worth making. I added a subtle dark blue lines suggesting shadow at the base of each of the dark green hillsides. I reworked the shapes on the mountains, including snow and shadow. I made a few changes to that sky, making sure that red sun would show up. These were all small changes, but they add up to an attempt to present viewers with a sense of peace. But  eventually it was time to drive to Boston and drop it off at Galatea Fine Art, where it will be on display this month.

No comments: