Monday, October 18, 2021

Near Colorado Springs (Photo for Painting)



I am getting ready to paint so have been looking through my photos and found this, a photo that I took in 2018. We were traveling with old friends from Brazil that we met in 1968 in Boulder, on a kind of "reunion tour" to celebrate 50 years of friendship. It was also our fiftieth wedding anniversary that day and we were going to Colorado Springs to visit friends from Pueblo that we have known even longer! The ride from Denver into the Springs is beautiful. The location of this photo is north of the city, near the Air Force Academy.  If you look closely, you can see an airplane in the foothills, and that is the Academy's B-52. Today I cropped this photo to get a height/width ratio close enough to 16 x 20 (the size the painting will be).  But to get this ready to be my photo reference, I had to do a little more work on it in Painter. I plan to post the results here tomorrow.  

No comments: