Tuesday, October 12, 2021

Pink Dahlia (in Gloucester)



On Sunday, I had an expected invitation to go to Gloucester, just up the road. There are always so many interesting things to see there: the ocean, the boardwalk, the working waterfront, the charming downtown, so of course I said yes! The outing itself was unexpected, but the biggest surprise was an amazing garden blooming with dahlias, all along Gloucester Harbor Stacy Boulevard. These gardens are a relatively new addition,  the Stacy Boulevard Gardens begun in 2016-2017 as part of the seawall reconstruction.  But I have been to Gloucester several times since 2016, and I have never seen flowers like this! I guess the gardens have just taken off.  We saw lots of flowers, predominantly dahlias of all types and colors, so bright and beautiful that I almost forgot to look at the ocean.  This blossom was huge, and I love bright pink, so I took a picture.  

No comments: