Tuesday, April 26, 2022

Rio Rita, Brazilian Bacalhau (As of April 26, 2022)



Today I continued working on "Rio Rita," the codfish that I am decorating for the annual Cod Auction to benefit Marblehead Festival of Art. This year, my codfish is going to be decorated with the black-and-white cobblestone design seen on the broad sidewalks along Brazilian beaches such as Copacabana. I recreated this pattern with collage, using some gift bags that I brought home from my most recent trip to Brazil. Today I continued worked on the head,  but also managed to get all the black lines in place on the fins and tail.  Now it is possible to see the design as a whole, even though the background is not yet filled it.  Cutting and pasting all the little pieces is a painstaking process,  but it is fun to see the  "Rio RIta" of my imagination become a reality.

No comments: