Sunday, September 04, 2022

Hy Zagon, Fishing in 1941 (Prisma filter added)



Last week, I started working on this snapshot of my father.  First, I rescued the snapshot, which was badly tilted.  In order to do that, I had to use Painter to create additional background on the right side of the photo so that I could then rotate and crop the image.  Then I used Painter to create a second version with some subtle color.  I liked it but it didn't quite capture the joy of the moment.  So yesterday I decided to see what a Prisma filter would do, applied over the work I had already done.  I tried out several filters, but decided to go with "Watercolor," which is one of my favorites.  I liked the result, though I did a second round of editing in Painter to correct a few things, toned down some blue on the teeth, and decided to cover up some sort of badge on the shirt.  I am glad I did the additional work on this; it makes me happy to see my dad smiling in the sunshine.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great art photo. It captures the spirit and joy of your father.