Thursday, November 17, 2022

Morning Mountains (Colorado Springs); Inspiration for Painting



It is time for another mountain painting.  I found this image on my computer,  a photo that I took back in 2011 during a trip to Colorado.  I had been visiting friends in Colorado Springs the day before.  I stayed over and left early the next morning to drive back up to Denver.  On the way to the highway, I stopped at a shopping center near Woodmen Road so I could get a picture of the morning light on those mountains. In Colorado, you don't have to go hiking to be inspired by a view of the mountains. You can be in a parking lot, and the view takes your breath away. However, I don't want those cars in my painting, so to get this image ready to be a painting reference, I knew I would have to make some changes. 
 


No comments: