Friday, November 18, 2022

Morning Mountains (Colorado Springs), Reference for Painting



Yesterday I posted a photo that I took back in 2011 during a trip to Colorado.  After spending the previous night with friends in Colorado Springs, I left in the morning to drive back to Denver. But on my way out of Springs, I saw this view of the mountains in the morning light, and I stopped (in a shopping center parking lot) to take a picture.  Recently I decided I wanted to paint that scene, but the bottom half of the photo was full of cars. So I opened the image in Painter and used some cut-and-paste to get rid of wires, poles, cars, and trucks.  Then I used digital pastel to replace the foreground.  Then I kicked up the saturation just a bit and added posterizing effect.  Now I can use this as a painting reference.

No comments: