Monday, November 28, 2022

Morning Mountains (Colorado Springs) Painting as of Nov. 26. 2022



This is my mixed media painting as it looked at the end of the day on Saturday.  This may not look like realism, but still I relied on my painting reference (posted here Nov. 18). I started added acrylic paint in transparent layers to adjust the colors: brown to the purple area at the bottom, hunter's green to the lime green area, phthalo green to the first line of blue mountain. I added some blue shadows to the mountain, on the right where it would be in shadow.  And then I mixed some metallic gold paint with acrylic medium and painted a thin layer over the pale orange areas.  I added the sun (gentle morning pink) and I also added some sharp orange areas to suggest where the sun was hitting the mountains.  I was pretty happy with it, but there was still some cleanup to do, as you can see.  That would have to wait till the next day, also the same day it was due to be delivered in Boston.  I would have to get up early!  To be continued. . . .

No comments: