Tuesday, April 11, 2023

Rosa (Idea for Cod Project)



For the past few years, I have been participating in the annual "Codfish Auction".  Some 50 area artists decorate wooden codfish plaques, which are displayed and then auctioned off to benefit Marblehead Festival of Arts. It was almost time to pick up my wooden codfish and I had no plan. But Just as I was telling me husband that I had no idea how to decorate my codfish for this year's auction, an idea came to me: a fish with white lattice in place of scales and pink "beach roses" peeking through the lattice.  I grabbed a piece of paper and made this pencil sketch of my idea. (I had not yet picked up my "codfish blank" so the proportions aren't accurate.)  The bright "beach roses" that grow near New England beaches have a formal name, "Rosa Rugosa", so I decided that the name of my fish would be Rosa. 

No comments: