Tuesday, April 04, 2023

Hy and Ruth at La Bate's (with Prisma filters)



Last year, I posted a rescued snapshot that I found among my Dad's photos.  It was a picture of my parents sitting at a table (at some place called "Bates") with another couple, unknown to me.  Such a nice photo, but I had never seen it before.  As I started editing it to post for their anniversary (April 4), I realized why I had never seen in before.: my father was missing a front tooth, lost while he was in the army overseas, which helped me date this snapshot to shortly after return, and tentatively identify the other couple as army buddy and wife. Anyway, last year, I did some digital dental work with Painter, and edited the photo to create a nice double portrait of my parents.  This year, I went back to the same photo and added not one but two Prisma filters: "Diamond" (for red tones) and "Drawing" (for the texture).* Then I re-edited in iPhoto for contrast and value. I liked the result, so I am posting this today to mark their anniversary.   *NOTE: to add multiple filters in Prisma: I apply one filter, download the filtered image to my photos, then upload the already filtered image to Prism and apply a second filter. 

No comments: