Thursday, January 25, 2024

Celina with Flowers (Photo Reference for Portrait)



One of my next projects is a portrait, and I will be working from this digitally modified version of the original family photo, showing the lovely Celina standing in a field of flowers, somewhere in Brazil.  This looks like rows of roses to me -- maybe a rose farm -- but I am not sure.  In any case, I really like this image. I did a little cropping of the existing image, but then for the sake of the composition, I needed to add space at the top, which I did by using the Painter program to add some blank space, which I then filled in with some "placeholder" shapes to suggest a background (trees, clouds,). Right now the background looks very different from the rest of the image, but when I paint the portrait, I will make the background "match" the rest of the image. I also added some space to the bottom of the image, and filled in with a bit of cut-and-paste.  I sharpened the contrast just a bit, and then printed this out to use when I paint.

No comments: