Monday, July 22, 2024

Experimental Flowers (Drawing)



I made this little drawing of flowers today.  Like my other drawings of flowers drawn with Sharpie markers, I began with no preconceived plan.  But really the title is "Experimental Flowers" because this is my first time using Sharpies new 'Creative Markers."  I bought a set several months ago when I first heard about them, but this was my first opportunity to try them out.  I really had a good time.  The pens behave a lot like markers but coverage is easier and there is less bleeding.  As a bonus, there is a white pen that makes it easier to cover stray marks and mistakes (something that I have to do digitally with traditional markers). There are only 12 pens, so the colors are limited but no doubt I can combine these with traditional Sharpies. (I have a whole box full). The ads for these pens say that they work on surfaces beyond paper, but I haven't tried that yet.  


No comments: