Sunday, July 28, 2024

Flowers for a Happy Surprise (Drawing)



Here is another drawing that I made with my new "Creative Sharpie Markers".  I decided to do a set of at least three drawings as a way to get to know this new drawing tool.* Of course, this is also a good drawing exercise. I drew this on July 26th, the day of the Olympics Opening Ceremony.  I was hearing good things about the ceremony, and decided to turn it as background while I drew. Maybe the celebratory atmosphere on the TV was infectious, or maybe I am just feeling more optimistic this week.  In any case, I became captivated by the ceremony and by Paris, and so I kept watching  and kept drawing, and so these flowers became more elaborate and more joyous. 
*(These are like my beloved Sharpie markers but they behave more like paint than markers:  no bleeding, easier blending, and supposedly can be used on ceramic, rocks, fabric.).  So far, I am pretty happy, though there are only 12 colors.  

No comments: