Thursday, July 21, 2005

Considering the Provincetown Beach


Considering the Provincetown Beach
Originally uploaded by randubnick.

This is a photo of Mel looking at the ocean from the Provincetown Beach during our trip to Cape Cod a few summers ago. There's something about the ocean that makes you want to slow down, and just enjoy the passage of time. I decided to post this tonight, but needed to edit it. When the photos were developed, the color was off, creating a strangely green sky and pink sand. So I toned the colors down somewhat, but left some of the pastel colors alone for the effect. Next, I cropped the image to get the composition I wanted. Then I used digital watercolor in Painter IX to darken Mel's shirt for more contrast with the ocean, and got rid of a pesky sign on the railing. A lot of trouble for an image of a fleeting moment on the beach, but photos can help us stop time and keep those moments. Take a look at the picture, and you are back on the beach.

No comments: