Wednesday, August 10, 2005

View from Castle Hill


View from Castle Hill
Originally uploaded by randubnick.

This is a view from Castle Hill in Ipswich, Massachusetts. I took this picture two years ago, but tonight cropped the image and adjusted the contrast for posting. Two summers ago, in mid-August, Mel was traveling to great places in Europe, but I couldn't go along. But I did have a wonderful mini-vacation close to home. Heather and I took the half-hour drive to Ipswich for the day, and went to Crane's Beach, Castle Hill, and then Russell's Orchard. It was an amazing day and the scenery was fantastic. I took two rolls of film in one day. You'd think I was a tourist! I think that one of the best things about travel is that it reminds us to look. But we can look when we are close to home, as well.

No comments: