Thursday, August 11, 2005

Pink Fantasy at Russell Orchard Pond


Pink Fantasy at Russell Orchard Pond
Originally uploaded by randubnick.

Here's another picture from my one-day vacation in August, two years ago, that I mentioned in yesterday's entry. This is Russell Orchard, near Crane's Beach and Castle Hill. Tonight I cropped the image and used Painter IX's digital watercolor and chalk to clean up some little distractions here and there, so I am calling it a fantasy. But believe it or not, the color of the pink flowers is absolutely real and untouched. In August, these spiky pink flowers bloom all over the place around here: in the fields, in salt marshes, even on the side of the road off Route 128. I have been trying to get a good picture, but am usually driving past at high speed. So when I came across this photo tonight, I decided to post it. I love the way these flowers turn the most ordinary landscape into a fantasy land, even if the landscape is just behind the guard rail on the interstate.

No comments: