Saturday, August 13, 2005

Waves at Crane's Beach


Waves at Crane's Beach
Originally uploaded by randubnick.

This is another photo that I took in August two years ago, during my one-day vacation close to home in Ipswich, Massachusetts. This is Crane's Beach, one of the three destinations we managed to fit into one day. (The other two were Castle Hill and Russell's Orchard.) Crane's beach is very large and very popular. The day was slightly overcast, and so although it wasn't too crowded, it was still challenging to get a clear view of the beach. In fact, tonight I cropped this image from a photo that also shows several people enjoying the beach and ocean. But I wanted to focus on the waves hitting the beach, a fascination of mine ever since I saw the ocean for the first time when I was twenty-two.

No comments: